What have you done today to lower your impact?

We are washing away the foundations of our existence on every front. It is high time we move from crashing about on the planet like a bull in china shop and find a way to go forward with intent. We must find systems of living based on sustainability. The systems and tools exist, it is up to each of us to adopt them.

Blog Archive

Friday 30 October 2009

Video - Copenhagen Kids

"Six kids tell the world leaders how it is from the very room where the Climate Change talks will take place in December 2009."

4 comments:

Kate said...

I wonder how much CO2 was spewed into the atmosphere in order to fly a bunch of American kids to Copenhagen and back...

C Robb said...

Now Now, could be they live there. Some Americans do live abroad. But if not you have a really good point!

Kate said...

Yes, could be they do live in Copenhagen. When I (an American) lived in Europe, I flew home a couple times per year, I'm sorry to say. I doubt they got to Copenhagen on a yacht. -Just sayin'...

C Robb said...

Probably not, nor do I travel by ship to the UK or Bermuda where I have lived off and on for over 10 years, though I am researching a passage by ship for my next trip from the UK to the US. George Monbiot calls this Love Miles, those used to maintain familial and other interpersonal links. I will be happier when I am settled again and can quit all this foolishness.